bq27541- Single Cell Li-Ion Battery Fuel Gauge for Battery Pack Integration
The Texas Instruments bq27541 Li-Ion battery fuel gauge is a microcontroller peripheral that provides fuel gauging for single-cell Li-Ion battery packs. The device requires little system microcontroller firmware development for accurate battery fuel gauging. The bq27541 resides within the battery pack or on the system's main-board with an embedded battery (nonremovable).
The bq27541 uses the patented Impedance Track™ algorithm for fuel gauging, and provides information such as remaining battery capacity (mAh), state-of-charge (%), run-time to empty (min.), battery voltage (mV), and temperature (°C).
The bq27541 also features integrated support for secure battery pack authentication, using the SHA-1/HMAC authentication algorithm.
● Battery Fuel Gauge for 1-Series Li-Ion Applications
● Microcontroller Peripheral Provides:
- Accurate Battery Fuel Gauging
- Internal Temperature Sensor for System Temperature Reporting
- SHA-1/HMAC Authentication
- 96 Bytes of Non-Volatile Scratch Pad FLASH
● Battery Fuel Gauging Based on Patented Impedance Track Technology
- Models Battery Discharge Curve for Accurate Time-To-Empty Predictions
- Automatically Adjusts for Battery Aging, Battery Self-Discharge,
and Temperature/Rate Inefficiencies.
- Low-Value Sense Resistor (5 mΩ to 20 mΩ)
● HDQ and I2C Interface Formats for Communication with Host System
● Small 12-pin 2,5 mm × 4 mm SON Package